Welcome to the KCCC's resources pages, with a range of handy resources to help you understand your child's journey through early years education. Please click on the links below to find out more information about each topic.
KCCC Room Information
Early Years Education
- All about Aistear and Siolta - resources to help parents understand Ireland's early learning frameworks.
- Childpaths - online reporting, compliance and engagement platform for early years providers, and parents and guardians.
- POBAL - the agency responsible for funding not-for-profit early learning centres in Ireland.
- TUSLA - the national Child and Family Agency responsible for (among other things) early years provider inspections and compliance.
- Galway City and County Childcare Committee - a local agency responsible for the implementation of of National Childcare Policy at local level on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
Fee Assistance for Childcare
- The Community Childcare Subvention (CCS) Program - reduced childcare rates for eligible families.
- Affordable Childcare Scheme - a FAQ sheet for parents provided by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs about the proposed scheme for commencement in September 2017.
- Information about Free Preschool: the ECCE explained - information about free preschool in Ireland where eligible children have the opportunity to claim up to two years of free preschool under the ECCE program.